St Wilfrid's Church, Standish, Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Wilfrid's Church, Standish, Lancashire

During the 20th century the Lancaster architects Austin and Paley carried out work on the church. In 1913–14 they added vestries at the east end of the church, and in 1926 they built a gatehouse at the entrance to the churchyard. The gatehouse is listed separately from the church at Grade II. This gatehouse holds various memorial plaques including those members of local mines who fell.

Yes, I think these things are priceless, they are very well done

Comment

I am a third-year student at the University of Architecture. I love different types of architecture, but my favorite architecture is the architecture of churches. These man made buildings look like the creation of something higher, the incredible imagination of a person could not come up with such a building architecture. I live in Portland and we have a very beautiful place here, various vintage buildings as well as a huge number of churches in portland. Very often, when I pass by something beautiful, I take out my sketchbook and draw small sketches so that I can draw a full-fledged picture at home. I only do this when I'm in a good mood and if I haven't forgotten my sketchbook, huh.

Comment

Working...
      X