Sponsored

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Still Hooked to the 80s and 90s Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Still Hooked to the 80s and 90s Numbers?

I absolutely love the old rock and pop songs that emerged in the 70s and 80s, and eventually evolved in the 90s. Those were the golden years they were. Did you know that the birth of melodic death and folk metal was supposedly in the late 1980s? And some of my favorite pop artists from the period include,

Billy Joel
    U2
    Bon Jovi
    Guns N' Roses
    Phil Collins
    Bryan Adams
    Sting
    Bee Gees
    Aerosmith
    Queen

Enya

And many more. List your top favorites from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, that you still frequently listen to even today.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	80s songs.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	11667

Oh I love the 70s, 80s and 90s. Constantly on my playlist. Good list of artists you got there. I like them too. But I don't usually listen to Bee Gees nor Enya. My faves include most artists in your list plus Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, OMD, B-52, The Cure, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Metallica and a whole lot more. I can go on and on...

Comment

Originally posted by Funky.Troy View Post
      Oh I love the 70s, 80s and 90s. Constantly on my playlist. Good list of artists you got there. I like them too. But I don't usually listen to Bee Gees nor Enya. My faves include most artists in your list plus Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, OMD, B-52, The Cure, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Metallica and a whole lot more. I can go on and on...
      Oh yeah! Bowie, Zeppelin, Eagles, Metallica, Duran, dang you name it. The list goes on and on. Gonna listen to OMD now that you mentioned it. Been a long time.

Comment

I listen to them most of the time. Nothing beats these two eras, imo

Comment

Drowzzy how about contemporary bands or artists? Who do you like best?

Comment

Originally posted by QueenYoora View Post
            Absolutely! The lyrics and the beat are totally the best.

Comment

Drowzzy how about contemporary bands or artists? Who do you like best?
              Oh yes Nickleback, Foo Fighters, Air Supply, Lifehouse are some of my favorites. I literally make it a point to listen to all possible artists and bands that come to mind before crashing. Though I prefer headbanging on folk, death, and melodic death metal, I don't entirely ignore the oldies either.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenYoora View Post
                I second that. No other music in world makes you more nostalgic.

Comment

Originally posted by Drowzzy View Post

Oh yes Nickleback, Foo Fighters, Air Supply, Lifehouse are some of my favorites. I literally make it a point to listen to all possible artists and bands that come to mind before crashing. Though I prefer headbanging on folk, death, and melodic death metal, I don't entirely ignore the oldies either.
                  I used to listen to Nickelback too. Back when they released All the Right Reasons. I like all of the songs from that album. And of course, "How You Remind Me" from Silver Side Up. Then I stopped. Can't remember if I didn't like the next album they released.. I just stopped. Linkin Park! This band I listen to from the first time they entered the chart up to now. Not as angsty as they used to sound, but I still love them. And there's The Fray, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons and some. Not really into so much headbangin' though.

Comment

I used to listen to Nickelback too. Back when they released All the Right Reasons. I like all of the songs from that album. And of course, "How You Remind Me" from Silver Side Up. Then I stopped. Can't remember if I didn't like the next album they released.. I just stopped. Linkin Park! This band I listen to from the first time they entered the chart up to now. Not as angsty as they used to sound, but I still love them. And there's The Fray, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons and some. Not really into so much headbangin' though.
                    Yep Linkin Park's one of my favorites too. This and Hoobastank had created such a craze back then. Not sure if they are still raking in the moolah. Have you listened to Goo Goo Dolls? Their earliest numbers were amazing. Post 2000 they entered more into the pop genre, but they still rock!

Comment

Yep Linkin Park's one of my favorites too. This and Hoobastank had created such a craze back then. Not sure if they are still raking in the moolah. Have you listened to Goo Goo Dolls? Their earliest numbers were amazing. Post 2000 they entered more into the pop genre, but they still rock!
                      Goo Goo Dolls is synonymous to Iris. Hey, I know Slide too. Hmmm, maybe I should check their songs on Spotify. By now, I can say I trust your taste so I'll be listening to Goo Goo Dolls tonight.

Comment

Absolutely! The lyrics and the beat are totally the best.
                        Also those music from the 90s and early 00s are among the best

Comment

Goo Goo Dolls is synonymous to Iris. Hey, I know Slide too. Hmmm, maybe I should check their songs on Spotify. By now, I can say I trust your taste so I'll be listening to Goo Goo Dolls tonight.
                          Oh yes, Iris was one heck of a song. I still make it a point to listen to it whenever it turns up on VH1. Slide is not as common in this part of the world, but there's always YouTube for that. Also, their very first album, their namesake I think, was an absolute delight. I remember it being aired on the Indian radio 10 years later, when I was about 6-7 years old. Oh it was quite a throwback from the pop numbers consistently aired back then. Backstreet Boys songs were common during those days, but Goo Goo Dolls were on an another dimension altogether.

Comment

Oh and don't get me wrong. I like to jive on pop and blues too, just that I prefer complex stuff every now and then.

Comment

Oh and don't get me wrong. I like to jive on pop and blues too, just that I prefer complex stuff every now and then.
                              I know. If you love music, you don't just limit yourself to one genre.

Comment

Working...
                              X