Top 3 Reasons why watching Goblin: The Lonely and Great God is a MUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 Reasons why watching Goblin: The Lonely and Great God is a MUST

If you don't know yet, Goblin: The Lonely and Great God (or just Goblin) is a tvN series about a goblin, Kim Shin, who is also a protector of souls. He lives together with a grumpy yet thoughtful grim reaper who is in charge of taking deceased souls. One day Kim Shin meets a girl (who happens to be able to see ghosts) Ji Eun-tak, who is destined to be his bride. This currently-airing drama is a refreshing fantasy story that can easily grab and keep your attention; so while I have yours here are 3 reasons its a must-watch.

1.Eye Candy

Drama Poster

The lead cast poster is enough to make you want to watch these gorgeous actors and actresses [Lee Dong Wook, Yoo In Na, Sungjae of BtoB, Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun - from left to right] tell this fascinating, mystical narrative. From the popular Cheese in the Trap and Train to Busan to a member of an idol boy group, the casts' talent is far from lacking and it's definitely apparent in this drama.

​​​​​​​2. Story-line

I don’t want to give away any spoilers but just imagine this:
    The fantasy tale between a Goblin who needs a mortal bride to end his immortal life, an entire lineage of male servants since the Goblin’s resurrection, an amnesiac grim reaper who stays together with the goblin to oversees the passing souls, and a human woman who suddenly appears claimed to be the goblin's bride, who is actually destined to be killed. There’s more to everyone than what they seem. Could there be people reincarnated from the Goblin’s past? Are there more god-like beings living among humans? Will the bride be able to end the Goblin’s immortal life?
    If you’re wondering or even slightly curious about what could possibly happening in a series that’s surrounded by this premise, then watching this drama is an absolute must.

3. Bromance

The best part of this drama, for me, is the unexpected but highly welcomed bromance between the Goblin and the Grim Reaper [Gong Yoo’s and Lee Dong Wook’s characters]. As equally irritable and finicky personalities living under one roof, they often butt heads. But as the series progresses, its obvious there’s a somewhat mutual respect and kindness between the two (mostly in the form of getting each other out of trouble, underhanded compliments and consolations, and protecting the Goblin’s Bride at all costs). The best product of this bromance is the countless, humorous scenes we get blessed with.

Whatever reason you go with, whether it's the humor, the intriguing plot or the visuals of the actors and the production of the drama, Goblin: The Lonely and The Great God should be on everyone's watchlist right now!

Lol, looks funny and interesting, thanks for recommending. I like fantasy story anyway, is more unique and special.

Comment

Working...
    X