Billboard 2016 Top K-Pop Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billboard 2016 Top K-Pop Groups

Billboards have bested out their top K Pop Groups that made it to their charts. Find out who made it in this year's top 3 list from the music industry's top chart lister - Billboard.

South Korea is the home of K-Pop. Every year, there are around over a hundred K-Pop groups groups debut all aiming to carve a niche in the K-Pop world. The year 2016 saw the rising of some rookies that made it to the Billboards chart and here is this year's top picks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ioi_1465539774_af_org.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	832
    #1 I.O.I. The group emerged from the roster of Korea’s 101 reality show talents produced in 2016. After a series of powerful performances and hit songs like “Whatta Man”, “Dream Girls” and “Very very very”, I.O.I. became Korea’s household K-Pop favorite that rippled and resounded throughout the year but unfortunately disbanding became an issue. And members have begun to join other K-Pop groups, I.O.I. unquestionably have left an indelible mark in the K-Pop music history.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	831
    #2 BlackPink YG Entertainment started promoting BlackPink in the year 2012 but it was finally launched upon completing the line up in June of 2016. The group have a blast in August of this year when two of their hits “Boombaya” back to back with their hip-hop blockbuster “Whistle” trended the World Digital Songs Chart.

Name:	sm-new-boy-group-nct-kpop-profile-member1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	833
    #3 NCT was S.M. Entertainment’s project composed of K-Pop’s unlimited and alternating all-boys lineup. SM’s experiment on this band aim to cover different music market genre that produced the talents of NCTU, NCT127 and NCT Dream of which carried their respective hit songs that made it to different Billboards charts. Much of their popularity were based on the fandom-scenario where each of the members have developed their circle of fans instead of the group wide fan-based. Among their hits were “The 7th Sense”, “Without You” and “Chewing Gum”.

Other group who made it to the top 10 of Billboards were
    #4. Bolbbalgan
    #5 Astro
    #6 WJSN
    #7 KNK
    #8 K.A.R.D.
    #9 Pentagon
    #10 Bulldok

Glad to see K.A.R.D on the list! I loved their debut song Oh Nana, and the concept of revealing hidden members over time is interesting. Bulldok was quite good, too.

I've been meaning to check out KNK, Bolbbalgan and Pentagon, too. This gives me more reason to do so!

Comment

Nice choices there rynnerae

Comment

Thanks! It's also good to see I.O.I up there, considering they disbanded. I enjoyed Neomu a lot; it was the kind of repetitive song that I didn't mind listening to.

I'm interested in KNK 'cuz I heard they attended a BTS concert and are fans of them. I've been hearing about Bolbbalgan and Pentagon for a while, too, so my interest is piqued.

I tried BlackPink out, but they sound too much like 2NE1 for me. Lisa's super pretty though. I hope they eventually find their own sound.

Comment

Originally posted by rynnerae View Post
          Thanks! Lisa's super pretty though. I hope they eventually find their own sound.
          I also find Lisa so glam and pretty. Can't help staring at her whenever I see her on posters and ads.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowChevy View Post

I also find Lisa so glam and pretty. Can't help staring at her whenever I see her on posters and ads.
            Exactly! Even at a glance, she just stands out.

Comment

APINK should have been on this list!

Comment

Exactly! Even at a glance, she just stands out.
                I agree. She's super pretty and she dances gracefully.

Comment

Definitely one of the most prettiest.

Comment

sybertanne : Exactly! Also, considering this list only contains rookies, I think that's because it's only for rookies. That's why APink isn't here-

Comment

sybertanne : Exactly! Also, considering this list only contains rookies, I think that's because it's only for rookies. That's why APink isn't here-
                      Don't worry sybertanne
                      APink will get their break one day, They just need more exposure to be rookies themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X