GOT7's JB starts SoundCloud account under alias "DefSoul"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOT7's JB starts SoundCloud account under alias "DefSoul"

GOT7's leader JB (Lim Jae Bum), first used his producer/composer/songwriter alias "DefSoul" back in 2014/2015 and now he's blessed fans with a SoundCloud account dedicated to his work as DefSoul (@def_xxx), separate from his work as a GOT7 member - similar to bandmate Youngjae and his SoundCloud as "Ars" (@ars333ars). On the account , he's kicked off 2017 with 3 tracks: "Holic", "Sin" and "Bad Habit".

Now, my personal reviews of the tracks.

Holic

A mellow tempo accompanied by an infectious beat that accentuates the lighter side of his vocal ability. With the feel of a love song, it makes you a DefSoul-holic sharing in his addictions.

Sin

A hip-hop tune featuring JOMALONE that can easily be heard thumping on a radio anywhere alongside a Bryson Tiller or Tory Lanez song (with a dab or two).

Bad Habit

Another hip-hop (but with a smoother R&B tone) song with JOMALONE again setting the perfect pace of all 3 songs and a better insight in JB/DefSoul's taste and capability to make addictive music.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out DefSoul's - and Ars SoundCloud accounts

DefSoul: https://soundcloud.com/def_xxx
    Ars: https://soundcloud.com/ars333ars
    Last edited by KayDoubleU; 01-02-2017, 05:25 AM.

I listened to the three songs hours after they came out. I've always been a sucker for JB's vocals, with him being my bias wrecker in GOT7 and all. Out of the three of them, Holic is definitely my jam. I followed him on soundcloud, needless to say-

And Youngjae, ah, my sunshine, my bias. I heard about his soundcloud account pretty late (maybe months after). I still listened to his songs though. That Hey vocal guide--- And Trauma. Ugh.
    Last edited by rynnerae; 01-03-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rynnerae View Post
      I listened to the three songs hours after they came out. I've always been a sucker for JB's vocals, with him being my bias wrecker in GOT7 and all. Out of the three of them, Holic is definitely
      my jam. I followed him on soundcloud, needless to say-

And Youngjae, ah, my sunshine, my bias. I heard about his soundcloud account pretty late (maybe months after). I still listened to his songs though. That Hey vocal guide--- And Trauma. Ugh.
      Yes! I'm so happy they get to branch out from just doing music for the group.

I agree, JB is a bias wrecker for sure but I'll always be faithful to Youngjae (and Mark) lol. I really hope they keep at it so I can get more music to give me life

Comment

Originally posted by KayDoubleU View Post

Yes! I'm so happy they get to branch out from just doing music for the group.

I agree, JB is a bias wrecker for sure but I'll always be faithful to Youngjae (and Mark) lol. I really hope they keep at it so I can get more music to give me life
        Thank heavens for soundcloud, too. It's always good to see their individual colors-- and hear more of their voices, considering they get a whole song to themselves that way.

For me, it's Youngjae (and Yugyeom lmao). Yjae's voice is just so-- Ugh. Plus he's pretty much the sun itself in GOT7. I'm looking forward to more songs tbh. And I hope the other members do the same! Not necessarily soundcloud songs, but some solo activity or another!

Comment

Thank heavens for soundcloud, too. It's always good to see their individual colors-- and hear more of their voices, considering they get a whole song to themselves that way.

For me, it's Youngjae (and Yugyeom lmao). Yjae's voice is just so-- Ugh. Plus he's pretty much the sun itself in GOT7. I'm looking forward to more songs tbh. And I hope the other members do the same! Not necessarily soundcloud songs, but some solo activity or another!
          I agree. I really want them to do more solo activities, like when Yugyeom went on Hit the Stage. I'd just love to see anyone else but Jackson (not that I don't like seeing him or anything).

Their tracks on soundcloud are awesome and I'd love to see more. Nowadays soundcloud the only way to keep up with some artistes -- like Nam Taehyun (previously from Winner )

Comment

I agree. I really want them to do more solo activities, like when Yugyeom went on Hit the Stage. I'd just love to see anyone else but Jackson (not that I don't like seeing him or anything).

Their tracks on soundcloud are awesome and I'd love to see more. Nowadays soundcloud the only way to keep up with some artistes -- like Nam Taehyun (previously from Winner )
            Exactly! Yugyeom on Hit the Stage was such a treat, and he slayed it, too! Jackson gets a lot of appearances on shows on his own, so I know what you mean. It's more like people need to notice the other members more, too, and JYP needs to put them out there as well.

Yeah. What would we do without soundcloud? I only follow BTS and GOT7 members there though. I didn't know Taehyun had one.

Comment

Exactly! Yugyeom on Hit the Stage was such a treat, and he slayed it, too! Jackson gets a lot of appearances on shows on his own, so I know what you mean. It's more like people need to notice the other members more, too, and JYP needs to put them out there as well.

Yeah. What would we do without soundcloud? I only follow BTS and GOT7 members there though. I didn't know Taehyun had one.
              The only other times I saw other members was on Celebrity Bromance and what seemed to be a short We Got Married with Mark (I keep seeing clips on youtube even though I can't find any "episodes" anywhere else :s).

Comment

The only other times I saw other members was on Celebrity Bromance and what seemed to be a short We Got Married with Mark (I keep seeing clips on youtube even though I can't find any "episodes" anywhere else :s).
                Oh, right! I know JB went on CBromance, though I haven't watched it yet. I watched Jackson's episode already though- I did not hear about Mark being on We Got Married. That must've been before I really became a fan-- What does the lack of an actual episode imply though? ;;

Comment

Oh, right! I know JB went on CBromance, though I haven't watched it yet. I watched Jackson's episode already though- I did not hear about Mark being on We Got Married. That must've been before I really became a fan-- What does the lack of an actual episode imply though? ;;
                  A lot of people were talking about it but I didn't see anything for it. I think it was a fan made story and they just put some random clips together. I was confused cause at one point it was being reported as news.

Comment

A lot of people were talking about it but I didn't see anything for it. I think it was a fan made story and they just put some random clips together. I was confused cause at one point it was being reported as news.
                    Aah, I see. Some fans do seem to be really good at editing videos and making it seem real. If it's the only episode you can't find and there weren't any actual scandals or anything from it, then I doubt it was real. Welp-

Comment

Aah, I see. Some fans do seem to be really good at editing videos and making it seem real. If it's the only episode you can't find and there weren't any actual scandals or anything from it, then I doubt it was real. Welp-
                      I wonder if any of them plan to go on it..

Comment

I wonder if any of them plan to go on it..
                        Well-- We'll know when it's made public. I haven't really watched any episodes of WGM, welp. ;

Comment

Well-- We'll know when it's made public. I haven't really watched any episodes of WGM, welp. ;
                          Right now, I'm watching WGM for Sleepy and Gook Ju and Gong Myug and Jung Hye Sung (since both couples actually have crushes on the persons their with prior to the show)

Comment

Right now, I'm watching WGM for Sleepy and Gook Ju and Gong Myug and Jung Hye Sung (since both couples actually have crushes on the persons their with prior to the show)
                            I'm only familiar with Gukjoo among those. But wow-- That's actually really cute. ;; I got to see just a bit of WGM back when I could actually use the TV and saw a bit of those episodes with that Jewelry member who was also in God of Cookery Road, I forgot her name.

Comment

Working...
                            X