X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funky.Troy
    • Jan 2017

Which author impressed you the most?

J.K Rowling of the popular Harry Potter series, J.R.R. Tolkien of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, or is it The Hunger Games' Suzanne Collins? A writer of inspiring books? Adventure? Sci-fi? Horror? They get us hooked to reading. Who is your favorite author?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen-King-Collage-e1422334474385.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	14506Click image for larger version

Name:	29678-1.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	14507
    Click image for larger version

Name:	check-bookstores-and-book-clubs-online.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	14508
  • YellowChevy
    • Dec 2016

Stephen King is by far the most popular in our times but I go for the writings of Dr. Paul Brand and J. K. Rowling of the famed Harry Potter series.

Comment

• Funky.Troy
      • Jan 2017

YellowChevy I googled the works of Dr. Paul Brand coz I trust your judgement. When you mentioned you like his writings, I thought he must be good . It's impressive that he is a medical doctor, and a surgeon to boot. Interesting....

Comment

• YellowChevy
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Funky.Troy View Post
        YellowChevy I googled the works of Dr. Paul Brand coz I trust your judgement. When you mentioned you like his writings, I thought he must be good . It's impressive that he is a medical doctor, and a surgeon to boot. Interesting....
        Indeed Troy, Dr. Brand writes on medical theme and I particularly like his novel, The Gift of Pain. The novel might not be about popular topics as most best sellers does. But I am most keen on Dr. Brand's work on how to understand the basic emotion all of us humans feel, the feeling of PAIN and how this natural human trigger affects us all in all of our bodily senses. It might be deep to understand the novel but believe me, it made me understand more about humanity and this great unwanted gift most people do not like to feel. I guess one might need to fully read the novel before one fully knows what PAIN is really all about. You need not be medical savvy to read this novel but it pays to widen one's horizon of knowledge to go further.

Comment

• YellowChevy
          • Dec 2016

If I had not initiated my career as a business professional, I do believe I could be the likes of Dr. Brand himself...perhaps a neuro surgeon who would love to demystify how the human brain really works in order to make the people better humans.

Comment

• Drowzzy
            • Apr 2017

Among those mentioned, I've only read Dan Brown's works. And he can't be considered as a writer. He is an excellent storyteller, no doubt about that. But if he craves to be a good writer, then he definitely has a long way to go.

Comment

• Drowzzy
              • Apr 2017

Oh I didn't heed the ones you had mentioned. Tolkien and Rowling's works are my favorites!

Comment

Working...
              X