Sponsored

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Read the Book First or Watch the Movie First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Read the Book First or Watch the Movie First?

When there's a movie-based-on-a-book to you prefer to read the book before you see the movie? Or vice versa?
    Book first!
    55.56%
    Movie first!
    0%
    Makes no difference to me
    44.44%

I prefer to to read the book first!
    But because books are better than movies, the most times I get angry with the movies.

For example "Inferno". Book was awesome but when I saw the movie... omg, i hate it!

Comment

Agreed. Sometimes though I don't know there's a book, sometimes I don't know there is a movie But I do prefer books.

Comment

I always go back and forth. Sometimes I wonder if I should watch the movie first so that I'm not picking it apart the whole time and focusing on the details they changed!

Comment

I like to read the book first so that I create my own images of the characters and locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley C View Post
            I like to read the book first so that I create my own images of the characters and locations.
            Yes! Once I've seen a movie, I can't imagine anyone other than the actors when I read the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley C View Post
              I do this too, and when I go see the movie I get confused and wonder why they are using the wrong people, because I imagined them differently.

Comment

It depends on the one I stumble first. I always tend liking the first one I see .. but I would always check the other one to see changes.

Comment

It depends who is acting, if is someone I really like, I always go for the movie first, for others I like to read the book first.

Comment

I like reading the book first unless the movie is already at the cinemas and I'm not aware that it's based on a best-selling book. I don't like it when producers split the last installment of a book series so they can profit more. Take for example Twilight, The Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

Comment

• Drowzzy
                      Drowzzy
                      Drowzzy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Harry Potter's final two installments were not simply for gaining additional profits. They were, according to me, the best two movies in the entire franchise. The attention to detail was enormous.

It depends...I prefer visuals to reading

Comment

Esythe
                      Esythe I see how visuals are more appealing, but some movies are just badly done

Comment

I tend to read the book first, but when I get really bored, I go straight to seeing the movie.

Comment

I ALWAYS read the book 1st. Book are always better than a movie. I have never seen a movie better than a book.

Comment

It ideally doesn't make a difference to me since I love to watch movies and read books too. However, in most cases where the important details are not succinctly showcased in the movies, I would definitely prefer the reading the books first.

I usually consult Goodreads or Imdb for their members' take on the particular movie or book. For instance, I had read the Lord of the Rings much before the movies were released, and the latter were astoundingly true to the core text.

Comment

Working...
                            X