Best 5 Vegan Cookbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 5 Vegan Cookbooks

The vegan lifestyle is on the rise as people become more health-conscious. Its most popular among those that are lactose-intolerant, those unable to properly digest most processed gluten/ gluten by-products and those who are against animal cruelty. Regardless of the reason, the hardest part of being vegan are the actual meals. Most think they'll have to eat leaves, fruits and nuts for the rest of their lives. Let me help you out with that.

Note - This list is based on opinions of close friends who are vegans and... Google. Google is always nice

Here are the 5 best vegan cookbooks:

1) But I Could Never Go Vegan!: 125 Recipes That Prove You Can Live Without Cheese, It's Not All Rabbit Food, and Your Friends Will Still Come Over for Dinner by Kristy Turner

Best way to start this list is with the statement most people have in mind when they even consider veganism - But I could never go vegan! This is the best option for those planning the transition to veganism or those who want a taste with a variety of recipes (125 to be exact!)

2) Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen

You should pardon my language but with this book I don't think you'll be able to pardon theirs. If you love some foul-mouthed cooking, this book is just for you. Praised by the likes of Jamie Oliver and Gwyneth Paltrow, this book is a refreshing way to look at cooking fresh everyday.

3) The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by Angela Liddon

Widely known for its vibrant, colorful and mouth-watering recipes that are the epitome of delicious freshness. The book includes recipes for nacho dips, doughnuts-- I'm sure I had you at nacho dips! It successfully targets non-vegans, making this cookbook best for those outside of the niche. Give it a try and give in to the nacho dips!

4) The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Dishes from the Healthiest Region Under the Sun by Donna Klein

As a fan of Mediterranean food and to give a little international flavor, here's a cookbook from the Healthiest Region Under the Sun. Separated by courses and including a section for "Meals in Minutes" for a quick meal, it promises to give you authentic, scrumptious food without it tasting like substitutes or simply removing meat from regular recipes.

5) Chocolate-Covered Katie: Over 80 Delicious Recipes That Are Secretly Good for You by Katie Higgins

What's the point of having food if you can't have dessert? Answer? There is none. My personal bias for desserts definitely go towards chocolate! What's better than a healthy alternative to a sinful dessert? This cookbook will show its much MUCH better. Feed your cravings without feeding your guilt.

Nice article. After reading all these vegan suggestions and seeing all these delicious food, maybe I will go vegan one day. And my body is sensitive to gluten, and vegan lifestyle seems not bad. But I heard that the meat made from vegetables is actually processed food which is not so healthy. Anyway Thanks for sharing Kay, I guess you're thinking of becoming a vegetarian?

Comment

Thanks Roy!
      Actually, a friend of mine is severely lactose-intolerant and allergic to gluten so I always try to help out by looking up great recipes and tips.

Comment

Been trying to go vegan for a while now! I started just by avoiding beef and pork. Slowly letting go of the chicken and this cookbooks will help a lot!

Comment

• KayDoubleU
          KayDoubleU commented
          Editing a comment
          I know a lot of people that did the same. They became pescatarians and then vegetarian and then finally vegan.

KayDoubleU funny how you mention pescatarians and until yesterday I was completely lost of what the term mean. What about people who only eat chicken?

Comment

Not sure if there's one. Never really heard any to be honest chibicano

Comment

i've heard of some people that they say it is a way of vegetarism maybe I am wrong. I am not very good with the subject KayDoubleU

Comment

I do believe it is, I just don't know what the term is. There are even vegetarians that eat animal by products but not dairy. There's quite a large combination under vegetarianism and veganism to choose from.

Comment

The vegan lifestyle is very popular nowadays. I see many people going vegan, and it gladdens me that there are people who care about the animals and the living creatures of nature. I wanted to go vegan some years ago. At first, everything was going good, but I noticed some irritations on my skin after some days. Also, my stomach was very irritated, and I felt very ill. My mother suggested that I go to https://www.intolerancelab.co.uk/food-intolerance-test/ to run a food intolerance test. I did so, and it turned out that I was allergic to much vegan stuff, so I stopped my vegan diet.

Comment

Working...
                X