Trouble loosing weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky.Troy View Post
    The General Motors 7-Day diet is just a diet plan. No workout involved. I can't do a rigorous workout anymore, unfortunately. I walk 3-5x a week. That's it.
    Well, if there is no actual workout involved, I believe you wouldn't be able to see any significant changes unless you'll do it for like... months... or years. Walking is nice so better make it into a habit instead of limiting it for 3-5 times a week.
    Join Nano (ナノ) Fanclub [nano-TOMO]!
    Blogs Owned: All About Vocaloid
    I do drawing commissions! PM me for more information. http://linzz.ucoz.com/forums/linzzsig20150204.png

Comment

What I learn is you need a jumpstart. The one I did was the General Motors 7-Day diet. The first time I did that, I lasted only 2 days coz I felt like I was gonna die. I was successful on my third try and lost about 7lbs. I felt my jeans getting looser and it motivated me to go on with watching my weight. I gained almost 10lbs during the holidays so I'll do the 7-day diet again as soon as my physician gives me a go signal.
      What kind of diet is that?
      And yes, I agree about the jumpstart. Once you get yourself into the diet and exercise mode, it tends to be easier. Even though the whole process is not exactly enjoyable

Comment

Actually no workout is ever effective unless you ave the will to do what you wanted to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzz View Post

Well, if there is no actual workout involved, I believe you wouldn't be able to see any significant changes unless you'll do it for like... months... or years. Walking is nice so better make it into a habit instead of limiting it for 3-5 times a week.
          And a person can succeed in losing weight by sticking to it? Just sticking to the diet without any workout involved?

Comment

mircalla You can actually google the General Motors 7-day diet. Again, it's a jumpstart diet and not recommended for long term. As in any diet, a physical activity is recommended but its level of intensity depends on the person's fitness/health condition. Some can do rigorous workouts for 3-4hours everyday but some (like me) can sort to walking (or dancing) 1hr/3-5x a week.

Comment

mircalla You can actually google the General Motors 7-day diet. Again, it's a jumpstart diet and not recommended for long term. As in any diet, a physical activity is recommended but its level of intensity depends on the person's fitness/health condition. Some can do rigorous workouts for 3-4hours everyday but some (like me) can sort to walking (or dancing) 1hr/3-5x a week.
              and this works for you?

Comment

mircalla Oh, so sorry for the late reply. Been busy for awhile. It has worked for me, yes. First time i tried, i didn't last to day 3. First day fruits are ok but i dont like veggies that much (for day2). But the saying "If there's a will, there's a way." holds true for me. So tried it again and lost 6lbs after a week. Just don't do it often coz it's not balanced, ok? So, I did that 1wk per month (for 3 consecutive months). From 140 lbs in Oct 2016, I was down to 120lbs before Christmas. The problem is, I gained some back (blame it on the holidays feasts) so I'm now at 126lbs and will do another 7-day diet next month. Hope this helps. ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Linzz View Post
                  I always do. Because of sweets.
                  Same here. Just can resist the temptations of sweets.

Comment

Originally posted by mircalla View Post

What kind of diet is that?
                    And yes, I agree about the jumpstart. Once you get yourself into the diet and exercise mode, it tends to be easier. Even though the whole process is not exactly enjoyable
                    The thing is, no matter what, I can't make it a habit. I know that it is extremely difficult to immerse in the gym either if you are a beginner making first steps or if you already got some knowledge about fitness but burnt out several times. What I have unraveled for myself is that in order to see personal growth aka progress - you need a good plan. This plan may be found from great tutors, champions and ifbb trainers, but what's better is that you can make a choice after reading this https://www.modernfit.com/programs/n...ight-watchers/. I have taken already the first program and it drives me with good motivation.
                    Last edited by padalic990; 08-28-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by padalic990 View Post

the thing is, no matter what, I can't make it a habit.
                      I have the same problem...

Comment

Working...
                      X