Online Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Games

Nowadays kids are very addicted in computer games. It may be a downloaded / online games.

Oh my GOD!!!!

It's very difficult for the parents to handle them ....

It will affect their learning attitude... - Not ready to read books or find new things to earn
    Unable to concentrate in their studies.... - All time with the games won't help them in future...
    Don't know the value of the relationship... - Avoid to speak with their parents and also relatives....

I am really worrying about this very much...

What about you.... Any Ideas...

While you do bring up some valid points, I'm afraid I wholly disagree with you.

While it is true that kids can get addicted to video games, I feel that that argument can apply to anything. Albeit, books, movies, even studies, which are all unhealthy if you take it to an extreme. It can damage your social life, as well as your mental and physical health. I feel that it is prejudiced to only target this blame to video games, when anything which is not taken in moderation can be harmful.

While it is true, that relationships can be strained through the overuse of video games, it is important to consider that the child may have other relationships online, making friends on online games is a critical aspect of gameplay, and some friendships can last a long time. I believe, that games do not damage the child's perception of relationships, and can even strengthen it in some aspects. Furthermore, certain games teach children the importance of relationships and love. Not all games revolve around dismembering and killing.

Games are art. They are tools of storytelling that not many people accept and respect. It involves a deeper level of immersion into the story which I feel is important. A book is important. Being well read and well educated is paramount, I agree. However, video games allow storytelling like no other, a level of immersion no other platform can reach and has the potential to be a great educational device for children.

In conclusion, I agree that when video games become an unhealthy obsession, it can be dangerous to a child's growth. However, this applies to everything, so it is not fair to discriminate against it. I hope that you understand my argument, and see this form of media in a new light. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Comment

Talking from experience, i must agree with PowerWolfie99. I have played games my entire life a minimum of 1-3h per day and many days more than that. My parents never really put a limit into how much i can play, yet I always loved studying, learning new skills, doing sports or involving myself in social activities with my friends. As a matter of fact playing video-games is a perfect way to make friends too!

Recognizing video-games as a form of entertainment that has less priority than studying and social activities is key. I never put playing video-games above anything else. For me it's just a hobby that I do when I don't have anything else to do.

My advice to you is that your children never play life-draining games (MMORPG or MOBA's) such as: LoL (League of Legends), Dota2, WoW (World of Warcraft)...etc. These tend to be very time-consuming for what you actually play. You require to be online lots of hours and it's easy to lose your life to it. So stay away from them.

Maybe you could even use it to your advantage! If one of your children has homework, you can encourage him/her to do it by letting him/her play after finishing it. That way they stay motivated.

Comment

Working...
      X