What to do when stressed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when stressed?

All of us have experienced being stressed at one point in our lives. What do you normally do to bust stress?

When I was in college, I have this seat mate who always fiddle his nails on stressful moments. Whenever our professor called on him to recite, He would stand up, pocket his hands but as he start to recite, he will gradually take his hands off his pocket and bit his fingernails. I later asked him why does he need to do that? He said it was his stress buster to bit on his nails. I noticed his nails were all trimmed unevenly short to the nailbed due to this habit of him. Is nail-biting also your instant stress buster? How bout you?

Whenever I am stressed, I usually suppress it until I actually get to relieve it which is usually during game time or by doing something I like to do like eating sweets, eating sweets, and eating sweets. And of course, eating sweets. I also draw my way out for most of the times.

I don't bite my nails. I don't know what my parents did to me for me to not have such a habit. Or twirl something in the palm of my hand. Anything is good enough, I guess but nothing beats a mouse with a screen in front of me. lol
    Join Nano (ナノ) Fanclub [nano-TOMO]!
    Blogs Owned: All About Vocaloid
    I do drawing commissions! PM me for more information. http://linzz.ucoz.com/forums/linzzsig20150204.png

Comment

I sometimes do fidgeting unknowingly when I'm stressed. I hate and tried so hard to avoid it. But I cant and don't know how to get rid of it... a straightjacket perhaps will make me still!
      Last edited by YellowChevy; 01-20-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I hyperventilate when I'm stressed. I sometimes end up in ER. I think really need to get a professional help. I might have an anxiety disorder or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky.Troy View Post
          I hyperventilate when I'm stressed. I sometimes end up in ER.....(
          Whoa! You really got something there Troy. Pray and wish you can overcome and get well and better.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky.Troy View Post
            I hyperventilate when I'm stressed. I sometimes end up in ER. I think really need to get a professional help. I might have an anxiety disorder or something.
            You should do something about it. I mean, being stressed is normal for all but not being able to do something about it is a different story. Each should be able to do something that could divert or relieve their stress despite how much it affects them. Like me, I do lots of stuff just to remind me that the "source of stress" is not the only thing in this world. Traveling is a good start. If that's too much (if money concerns are a bum), you can start by doing your hobbies on your free time - not free day.
            Join Nano (ナノ) Fanclub [nano-TOMO]!
            Blogs Owned: All About Vocaloid
            I do drawing commissions! PM me for more information. http://linzz.ucoz.com/forums/linzzsig20150204.png

Comment

Yep, I agree with Linzz, you should do something about it. Nothing to be very alarmed about but still, go see someone.

Comment

I panic for a while when i'm stressed, but then I make myself concentrate on something that will distract me from my nervousness.

Comment

mircalla and Linzz Thank you so much for the concern. I need to make time and not say if I have time. I once told my husband that hugging him gives me peace that's why he sees to it that I get a hug everytime I am stressed out.

Comment

I listen to music. Calms my nerves most of the times.

Comment

YellowChevy Thanks. I know. Maybe I should do meditation seriously. To help me with the breathing too and calming my mind.

Comment

Well, for me, the cheapest and healthiest way to manage stress is LISTENING TO MUSIC. This has been my outlet for years and it really is effective for me. I choose to listen to the songs that fits my mood and after a while I feel better. 😊

Comment

Originally posted by sybertanne View Post
                          Well, for me, the cheapest and healthiest way to manage stress is LISTENING TO MUSIC. This has been my outlet for years and it really is effective for me. I choose to listen to the songs that fits my mood and after a while I feel better. 😊
                          Great outlet there sybertanne! I'd rather prefer that than just sleeping out what made me stress.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowChevy View Post

Great outlet there sybertanne! I'd rather prefer that than just sleeping out what made me stress.
                            Sleeping also helps but you're not gonna be able to do what you're supposed to do in the first place which can lead to another stress. 😂

Comment

True! Sleeping off what stressed you will not make it get away but just rather a temporary relief and you can go back again once you're awake again and the cycle remains. No good really,

Comment

Working...
                              X